NEWPORT BEACH – The largest drug rehabilitation home in town, a longtime magnet for community anger, has agreed to shut down, officials said Friday.
The 27-bed beachfront triplex operated by Narconon will close after its state license expires in February 2010, said Dan Carlton, a company attorney.
The company also agrees not to challenge a new city law restricting rehab homes, said Dave Kiff, assistant city manager.
“We’ve been looking for a larger space anyway, and it’s probably in the best interest of both sides anyway to just move on,” Carlton said.
The triplex in the 1800 block of West Ocean Front on the Balboa Peninsula has been used for addiction treatment since 1985, but Narconon didn’t move in until about 13 years ago, Carlton said.
Since then, the house has been lambasted by residents complaining about noise and constant deliveries.
November 1, 2008
Narconon drug rehab home in Newport Beach to shut downPosted by Temple of Xenu under narconon
Leave a Comment